Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Stone Tone Rock Block

 Stone Tone Rock Block

In a era where musicians are all looking for the best tone for your music, upgrades have become a must for most to get the best performance out of there gear.  Musicians are flocking to change out pickups, strings, pots, sustain blocks and tuners etc to get the most bang for there buck and take there instruments into new places of tone almost unheard of not that long ago. Myself like so many musicians play guitars loaded with tremolo's and have always just run out and picked up the normal brass block cause it seemed like that was just the standard (I personally do not like titanium blocks cause they are way way to bright and seem to hinder instead of help tone). I met a guy by the name of Rob from Naples Florida a while ago promoting his company Stone Tone and his main product the Rock Block what instead of using the normal brass block he is using Granite. I honestly have been on the fence about this cause like most always thought ''We are supposed to use brass'' Right???????? Well lets talk about it and see!!!!!!!!!

Features
This is a straight up product that is a beautifully produced piece of granite. It is a 37mm Rock Block installed on a Floyd Rose Original (My personal favorite Floyd Rose).

Sound
I installed this on my main metal guitar that I have talked about on this blog more then once my Carvin V (The Purple One). I could almost instantly notice a difference with sound and clarity. Taking a couple weeks and really taking in all the aspects from the cleans having a more acoustic brilliance (Even Unplugged), The leads have more definition and harmonics almost jump off the guitar with ease. I am more of a rock/metal guitar player so I was the most impressed with the richness it added to my distortion end with tightening up my chords and being able to not just hear the chords but each string much better then I could have ever hoped. I was really impressed with my overall tone to my ears far above anything I have ever got with brass!! (Keep in mind each guitar is made a bit different and you could have a bit different experience but I can tell you that it will be a good one!)


My Opinion
I am not a scientist by any means and I can in no way explain how this product works but I can honestly say it not just works but kicks ass!!!! I know some players have been on the fence but I honestly think it is more cause we have been taught for so many years that brass or other products are the option we must do and for my personal tone I have totally Re thought what I knew about Sustain Blocks. The Rock Block installs just like anything you might have used in the past but depending on your grounding of your guitar might have to put a tiny strip on your guitar to add extra grounding (Stone Tone has the strips). I was able to install this pretty fast and set it up in no time.

I know this product is more expensive then the average cost of a brass block but the gains it provides far more impressive to my ears and well worth the time and money. Compared to the cost of pickups and other upgrades it is a small price to pay!!! 

www.facebook.com/stonetoneproducts
http://www.stonetoneproducts.com/ 





1 comment:

  1. hire experienced staff to cater to clients needs. At the end of the sessions, you will be satisfied with the end-results.
    fence builders abilene texas

    ReplyDelete