Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Sept 2014 Gear Spotlight Metal Shop Pedal Boards

      September 2014 Spotlight Gear Maker



   Metal-Shop Pedal Boards          
 It is amazing how a idea and a piece wood could spark something so amazing. Frank says that his first setup was ''Nothing Special'' but his friends all wanted him to build them one so then Metal-Shop Custom Pedal Boards was born. 
I got to know Frank (Owner) from Facebook when I come across his boards one day. I work in the gear world so I have seen just about every board and deck from just about every place there is and something stood out with his pedal boards to me. Metal-Pedals boards are top notch quality but what really stands out is the service after the sale and how one on one Frank is with his customers he has stayed grounded to his roots treating everyone like they are a ''Rock Star''.



Frank Says
 ''We've had the the pleasure of meeting so many great people. I still get giddy when we get contacted from the "Big Name " musicians. I'm still a fan & will always see myself that way. So when we get contacted by " the guy I just saw in concert the other night " & he's on the the phone asking me to build him something ... It's very surreal. It a great feeling to be recognized by people in this industry. We've evolved into something I didn't think was possible. Of course we still have a long road ahead of us but, It's been a hell of a ride so far & 
I am very excited about the future of Metal-Shop Pedal Board''. 



   

       Frank and I had a chat all about his products and how he got started!!


RBJ
Do you make just custom pedal boards or is there select designs for a customer to pick from?

FG
We have a few styles to choose from .. Our Metal-Shop style Case or the M.S Road Case .. Both styles come with "Standard Options ". We don't really have any particular sizes , mostly because everyone's setup differs so much . We have build few of the same size pedal boards but , each case is built specifically for the customers pedal setup . 
                   
RBJ
You also make Custom Decks and Road Cases are they also as custom as your pedal boards?

FG
Absolutely .. With the variety of gear that is on the market today , it's rare to see two musicians with the same set up . Whether it's rack mount , amps , mixers . Everyone's individuality stands out when it comes to their gear , so each case or deck has to reflect that & that's what we try to do here at M.S.P.B

RBJ
With the market this day in age where so many products are imported and made out of cheap plastic why did you take the high road.

FG  
I like to give my customers a quality product , I think they deserve it . Being a guitarist myself , I know what I want in a pedal board or a road case ... I don't like cheap , not when it comes to protecting my equipment . We spend a lot of our hard earned money on our gear & I want to know that it's safe .

RBJ
What is the turn around time from order to delivery on average (I know it can differ on how complex the model is)?

FG
The normal turn around time is about 3 weeks but if it's a complex road case , like a guitar tech cabinet that could be up to 5 weeks.


RBJ
You have worked with some amazing artists like Wayne Findlay tell us what that was like?

FG
It was probably one of the best days in my life hahahahaha... You have to understand first & foremost "I am still a fan ". Working with Wayne was an absolute pleasure . Having the chance to hang out at sound check & getting to know him , not just as the guitarist in MSG but also on a personal level ... That type of experience is what makes doing what I do worth everything single minute . 

RBJ
With so many Pedal Boards out there what really separates you from the pack.

FG 
Besides building killer Pedal Boards LOL .. I Would have to say personal service . I do like to interact with my customers . We go over every aspect of the Pedal Board or Road Case with them. We cover everything & take you through the process with us . Every few days we keep you up to date on the progress of your deck . We keep you in the loop with pictures & posts of your deck from start to when it's almost finished .... We leave the last few steps out , so when you get it it's still a surprise.

RBJ
I am sure you are a musician yourself since you make musician pedal boards, Tell us a bit about your own gear you like to use?

FG
I'm your typical gear guy . My wife always tells me " you don't need another guitar .... But hey she has 3 closets full of clothes & shoes ..... There's guitars an amps , efx , pedals , drums , keyboards everywhere hahahaha...I don't think there is a room in my house that doesn't have a guitar in it .... I do have a small recording studio . My main axes are my ESP & my Ibanez Blazer ( early 80's model ) & I run that through my boss super chorus , Godbox Tesla Crybaby & my trusty , couldn't live with out Zoom 1010 . That all runs directly into my console ..... Or if I'm lazy & just want to plug into an amp .. The Roland Micro cube works fine & it runs on batteries & it can go any where .

RBJ
Why pedal boards, Why not Making trumpets or flutes maybe a ice cream truck driver.

FG
One day I looked at my floor & my pedals were sitting there , wires all tangled up , & I couldn't stand looking at it any more so I built a pedal board ..it is a bit different from today's boards but, I still have that deck . It's a reminder of where it all started . I am very happy about what I have achieved so far. I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings ... You can contact Metal-Shop Pedal Boards on our Facebook Page.
 

With high end enclosures and materials they are build like a tank to last many years of the rough life on the road or keep you totally organized in the studio.




 I see musicians every day spend over 2000 dollars on a great guitar and then again on the perfect amp but when it comes to accessories that really improve performance like a board they cheap out with a cheap big box store one. For not much more then the cheap import models you can have a full custom made pedal board hand made in the USA that is designed for your exact style and setup. Metal-Shop Pedal Boards might be a smaller company but that allows the one on one service that we all crave to have in our products. There is not many other board makers that can offer the quality and exact specs that Frank and his mighty boards can!! Do your rig a favor and get the best get a Metal-Shop Pedal Board!!!!! 

 You can contact  Metal Shop Pedal Boards here just click the links below
www.facebook.com/MetalShopPedalBoards  
http://www.metal-shop-pedalboards.com/  


You can also email Metal-Shop direct for any questions you might have. 
metal-shop-pedalboards@comcast.net

Many options to create your own masterpiece in a pedal board!! They offer multi color and layouts to meet even the most discriminating players dream board!! 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment