Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Swiss Picks

 Swiss Picks - All Models



I met Swiss Picks owner Pete Punckowski some time
ago and did not find out he was the owner of Swiss Picks
till recently. Pete is one of the nicest down to earth guys 
that truly loves his customers and loves to see and hear 
about there experiences with his picks. The entire design
is totally original with them looking like a piece of cheese
but they are designed to be so much more then a great gimmick. There is so many styles of picks on the market
today from big to small and thick to thin from rounded ends to very sharp ends. The materials used this day in age with picks is endless from some being made out of  metal and brass to plastics and even some rubber mixes. A guitar or bass players pick is almost as important as the guitar they play cause they can have a huge impact on the sound and speed a player can play at. Today we will be talking about the very original company Swiss Picks.






Features


Swiss Pick Original in thickness 55mm, 80mm and 1.10mm. These are the largest in the collection.



Sharp Cheddar Jazz Mini in thickness 1.30mm


Sharp Cheddar- Derlin and Rusty Cooley sig
 mini jazz 1.30mm








Sharp Cheddar in thickness 1.10mm, 1.50mm and 2.0mm





Sharp Cheddar Rusty Cooley Edition in 
Thickness 1.10mm, 1.50mm, 2.0mm






From the pictures posted they all look very similar but there is differences in each model to appeal to a different player.


Sound:
These picks themselves do not add sound but in there own way they kinda do. I noticed when I tried out each model that nailing harmonics was a total breeze and notes were very rich with tone cause a good pick is a tool to achieve the music you are looking for.


My opinion
I was really excited to try these picks out I have seen them around known a few guitar players that swear by them and I wanted to see if they was a real tool or just a great gimmick. These picks are the real deal and built strong to keep burning into the late night whether it be on a stage, jam room or studio. I have always had a problem with picks turning in my hand after a while what is a real pain in the ass but that problem was gone in a instant using these picks. They look like pieces of cheese but they have been designed that each whole and groove to help that player excel at playing. I have always had my personal favorite brands of picks but these have really made me rethink everything I thought I knew about picks and have convinced me to switch over to the swiss side of the force!!
My personal favorite picks out of all of them for playing guitar (They all was great picks) was the Rusty Cooley Jazz Mini, I have always preferred a smaller pick for guitar cause I can play a bit faster with them and more comfortable in my hand. I found for playing bass the original sharp cheddar picks really did the job for me they was well balanced and I was able to rumble the walls. I would recommend these picks for all styles of music from beginner to the most advanced player on the block. Swiss Picks are more then a tool they are the real cheese the whole cheese and nothing but the cheese so help me metal gods!!!!!


Contact Info Just Click Links
Swiss Picks Webpage
Swiss Picks Facebook Page







No comments:

Post a Comment