Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Carvin - Ultra V Classic Reissue

Carvin Ultra V Classic Reissue
Carvin is a company that is really a do it all company that started with pickups over 60 years ago making the Kiesel a house hold name. I first got my taste with Carvin about 5 years ago when I was hanging out with a good friend of mine and I told him ''I am looking for a different sound''. My friend went in his back room and brought out this Carvin V guitar from the 80's and told me to take it home for the weekend. This guitar looked like it was ready for the scrap yard not my studio with more dings and bings and rust on the knobs and bridge. I took this guitar home and plugged it into my Marshall stack and my jaw about hit the floor I had not played a more cool V in my life the tone was amazing and it played like a dream. I at the time was playing single cut guitars for the most part like Les Pauls so I orderd a Cs6 and the rest is history for me. Today I would like to talk about the V Reissue from the legendary company Carvin!!
Since Carvin is a Custom Shop your guitar or bass may differ from the specs you choose.

Layout & Features
Alder Body
Flamed Maple Neck
25'' Scale
Plain Maple Top
Ebony Fretboard
Abalone Square Inlays
24 Jumbo Frets
Master Volume & Tone 3 Way Selector With Coil Tap
Original Floyd Rose Tremolo
C22 Covered Pickups
Carvin Locking Tuners


Sound
This guitar is oozing tone from the great tone woods Carvin put on this to the great C22 pickups that are standard for most models. Lets talk about the Carvin c22 pickups first, These are great all around pickups that are made in house with 22 pole pc's that have no drop out and can get sparkling cleans to down right distortion and really has a great sustain for them melodic leads these pickups are standard on most models. I can use this guitar for a full set of styles cause of the versatility of the guitar from blues to metal with the use of the coil tap it really opens up for limitless tones and possibilities. The Floyd Rose Original is top of the line what has never failed me for the heavy chunking whammy's we all love to play to get that chop effect or squeals or add tons of difference in leads.


My Opinion
Carvin Reissued this guitar cause lets face it V's are damn cool and this one is really right on with any V on the market today. The neck is smooth and extremely comfortable one of the best I have ever played in my life not to thick or thin. This guitar has the four main features that make a V a killer guitar 1. Weight-It is light on the shoulder so no shoulder damage. 2. Tone- This guitar is a blues, rock, classic rock, metal, prog metal, pop rock, industrial, thrash guitar all wrapped up in a pretty purple package. 3. Looks-  No one makes them quite like they do from the heel to the offset that is backwards from most offset V's, It has that madman taking stage look! 4. Playing Comfort- This guitar is not a cheap made guitar it is made to not just sound good but for total comfort, it is a 2 hour at a time guitar that will not leave you feeling fatigued. I own a storage full of guitars and this one is not only one of my favorite V's of all time but one of my favorite guitars. With all Carvin guitars your experience will be different then mine cause you will design your own guitar with your own features with a 10 day money back guarantee and a 5 year warranty for any defects in craftmenship. They are all made in the USA in there shop in California using the best equipment on the market and honestly one of the best customer service departments. If the V is not your flavor then you are in luck they make about every body style you would ever want just check there website!!!

Contact
https://www.facebook.com/carvinguitarsofficial
http://www.carvinguitars.com/

This Video Is Not Me Nor My Carvin V Just Thought It Was A Really Cool Video Of Another Satisfied Carvin V Owner!!!!!!!


 


No comments:

Post a Comment