Thursday, August 7, 2014

EarCandy Cabs 2x6

EarCandy Cabs
EarCandy is located in Valparaiso Indiana the owner Tim has a very passionate work ethic in making the best in guitar and bass cabs. I think people underestimate what a great guitar cab can do for there overall tone. Tim will take your ideas and wishes and turn it into a cab of your dreams. He has is patent way of making cabs sets him way apart from the Marshall, Mesa, Peavey etc cab you have been using. Tim is the nicest guy you will ever meet and make your tone his top priority in the making of your new cab.

Layout & Features
 ¾” AAA White Birch Wood Cabinet
Pat pending Twin ported baffle 
Steel Circle Grills
All steel hardware
Steel top strap handle
Point to Point hand wired with silver solder
Wired with 14 gauge OFC professional grade speaker wire
Steel reinforced Rubber feet
15 pounds, 15.5” wide x 10” tall x 8” deep
This cab is 60 watts at 4 ohms

 Sound
Do not let size fool you on this tiny cab this is a dynamite comes in small packages style of guitar cab. I will admit at first look I was scared it would be all highs with the 6'' speakers but it will keep with the best of them on aggressive lows, chunky mids, crystal clear highs. The twin ported baffle system really takes this cab into tonal directions I do not get out of some 4x12's I have used in my life. The speakers do not fuzz out with higher volumes and it is a great all around speaker for all genres from country to metal.

My Opinion
This is so much cab in such a little space from stage to studio this cab will drive your tone into directions you never thought about. EarCandy will make you a much bigger cab loaded with any speakers you want and any theme, tolex, colors, design your imagination can take you. I was looking for a light small cab with a big voice that I could toss into my truck for jam sessions to save space in the studio and not give up quality like some speaker cabs are at this price range. I have seen so many musicians put little stock into there cabs taking whatever companies throw at them or the local guy at the Guitar Center tells them to take. I see musicians spending 5000 dollars on a guitar and then just use any cab and cannot figure out why there sound is a bit dry. EarCandy is the real deal and I will have one of there cabs in my rig cause when it comes to my tone I cannot expect nothing but the very best!!!

Contact
http://earcandy.com/    










No comments:

Post a Comment