Sunday, August 3, 2014

NSX Engineering - Delay Pedal


NSX Engineering
Some time ago I was contacted by a friend and was told there was a new company hand making effect pedals. I contacted NSX Engineering cause I was excited cause gear makers are very far and few here in the valley.
NSX Engineering is from Idaho Falls Idaho with Nathan Slade at the helm taking a bit of a different take on full on hand wired all analog pedals. When Nathan and I talked on the phone it almost sounded way to good to be true a pedal of my choosing with the skin of my choosing all the entire way I want it for under a 100 bucks but he said that was totally how it would happen. I ordered a Delay pedal but wanted it worded really different so went with D-Laid and a orange simple skin on it. It took about a week and a half and then Nathan said it was ready so I made the hour long trip to Idaho falls and took a quick look around his setup. Nathan had some pedals that he made all setup and played a bunch of them from all styles some that had some of the most beautiful skins on them I had ever seen. Nathan's setup was everything I had hoped it to be from all the components and parts and a bit messy (I like messy). I got this pedal home and it was time to give it a whirl in my own settings and guitars.

Layout & Features
The pedal has three knobs Delay, Mix, Repeats and a toggle Infinity. The layout is basic with a In and Out and Infinity toggle with a simple switch on and off.

Sound
I honestly was not expecting a lot for 100 bucks with most import pedals being close to 200 and high end reaching 500 dollars but this pedal would give any boutique Delay pedal a run for there money. I can get that rich full sounding Pink Floyd sound to the Prog Metal sounds of Dream Theater without a lot of dialing. I could dial in them 80's leads clear to modern day shredding with a quiet on and off what really surprised me This Delay pedal really was bold when it needed to be and it was purring like a baby kitten when the music called for it. I used my Carvin V3 and V3m heads with it mixing it with the amps reverb and I was getting such beautiful sounds that a pedal costing three times the amount would only deliver. I can hear a change with  the Infinity toggle but have not really been in a situation that required me to change it back and forth cause I am getting all the sounds I need without it.   

My Opinion
This pedal can perform up with pedals costing three times or more and who does not like custom features on skin and name of the pedal. While talking to Nathan he was up for making new pedals and new designs of any kind shape or sound. It impressed me this day in age of having products made in other countries using sub par parts and made in huge patches that a person right here in the United States would offer such options and not take the rent money to do so. I would and will use and support this company cause not just cause of the amazing products but honestly Nathan is one of the nicest guys I have ever met and is willing to go up and beyond at a moments notice to keep his customers happy.

Contact
https://www.facebook.com/NSXmusicaltechnology 

No comments:

Post a Comment